Welcome back to Little Things Thursday! Today is a special Thursday because it is hubby’s and my 15th anniversary! Truly we blinked and it is 15 years and 3 kids later. It’s been a wonderful journey filled with adventures. We plan to celebrate tomorrow night since having 3 kids means that weekdays are filled with their activities…like soccer practice where your husband is the coach.
Meanwhile, a picture or two from the pumpkin patch for your autumnal enjoyment.
Burt’s pumpkin patch was roughly 5 miles from the apple orchard. The kids were excited about choosing the biggest pumpkins in the budget for carving, which we normally do a couple days before Halloween to stave off the rot. I kind of felt like a Schmuck for spending $12-$14 per gourd, but I can remember how excited I was to carve a pumpkin as a kid. And while we usually buy a $5 a piece grocery store pumpkin, which is just as lovely, I wanted the kids to have the memory of visiting a pumpkin patch. I mean, some people take the patch very seriously…like the group wearing “Operation Pumpkin Patch 2013″ T-shirts. Wheel barrowing 50lbs of pumpkins around a muddy field was worth the ensuing backache to see the kids find the perfect barely liftable pumpkin. The real joke is on my husband who will have to essentially do all the carving. A little pumpkin carving saw is no match for these rinds.
What’s up in your slice of the pumpkin pie?
Link up with Little Things Thursday::
- Post your Little Things Thursdays on your blog. Link will go live at midnight on Thursdays for linking up.
- Please include my Little Things Thursdays button or a link back in your post. You can grab it on the sidebar!
- Submit the URL/permalink for your post, not your home address, please. Flickr entries welcome!
- Visit other blogs and leave some encouragement! We all love feedback! Please visit as many others as you can.
- Please do not submit giveaways, inappropriate content, or link more than one post per week, thank you!