Today was one of those days of craving home culture. I think it is attributed to all of this lingering rain. Still, whatever the reason, I’m in a mood to cultivate the culture of home.
I put on a pot of hearty vegetable soup while we worked on lessons.
I don’t always cook with my Crock-Pot on the floor by my plants, but when I do, it’s because of this::
Nothing is quite as homey as homemade chocolate chip cookies…unless they are candied BACON chocolate chip cookies! I saw a pin for Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies a few days ago and knew that it must be tried. It’s genius. I made the dough with pasteurized eggs for the sampling that would assuredly occur. Our home culture will never be the same.
The sweet bacon-y goodness.
And a quick progress report on my cactus cross-stitch. I should probably make a Home Sweet Home.
I’m thankful for the anchor of home in this sometimes crazy world. I’m thankful that it’s mine to steward.
What’s your favorite way to cultivate the culture of home? It could start with bacon.
Link up with Little Things Thursday::
- Post your Little Things Thursdays on your blog. Link will go live at midnight on Thursdays for linking up.
- Please include my Little Things Thursdays button or a link back in your post. You can grab it on the sidebar!
- Submit the URL/permalink for your post, not your home address, please. Flickr entries welcome!
- Visit other blogs and leave some encouragement! We all love feedback! Please visit as many others as you can.
- Please do not submit giveaways, inappropriate content, or link more than one post per week, thank you!