Our lives switched gears this week. We ended our summer and began our school year. For awhile I was feeling rather bummed about summer’s end, but in a way I am glad to see the back of summer. I kept having these “expectations” of what I thought summer should be that really never materialized. With school’s start, I feel like I can let those things go, and begin a new chapter.
Because this week has been full of new starts and expectations, you get the phone dump.
We ended summer with a baby Mockingbird, a cookout, The Game of Life, and pizza slices.
We began the school year with muffins, celebratory popcorn snacks, and schoolwork. This week has gone really well. I feel renewed in some senses. I’ve broken some cycles that I have struggled with all summer such as staying up way too late, and waking up way too late. I think that was making me a lil crazy. Discipline and routine is good for me. I think it is good for all of us, and I see the little aggravations slowly melting away. I know the school burnout will come, but for now I am enjoying the benefits of this new season.
How’s your neck of the woods?
Link up with Little Things Thursday::
- Post your Little Things Thursdays on your blog. Link will go live at midnight on Thursdays for linking up.
- Please include my Little Things Thursdays button or a link back in your post. You can grab it on the sidebar!
- Submit the URL/permalink for your post, not your home address, please. Flickr entries welcome!
- Visit other blogs and leave some encouragement! We all love feedback! Please visit as many others as you can.
- Please do not submit giveaways, inappropriate content, or link more than one post per week, thank you!